Be a part of the Lawfecta Team
You will find growth in success, failure and everything in between here. You will undoubtedly be challenged, but we ask in exchange that you challenge back – ask tough questions, confront old ideas, and find solutions to difficult problems.
Lawfecta’s team of talented professionals has left behind the daily commute for the advantages of working virtually. For some its about having a more flexible schedule, being able to work wherever you want, or the variety of working with multiple clients. As a remote worker, you’ll play the rewarding role of supporting solopreneurs, small law firms, mid-sized law firms, boutique firms and small business owners with a wide range of tasks, helping them to succeed, and freeing them up to focus on growing their business. Lawfecta is the leading online staffing agency for legal professionals. The success of our agency is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration. We have the pleasure of working with thoughtful, independent, and inspiring clients every day. Helping them achieve their goals, in some small way, is why we’re all here. Every aspect of our company is thoughtfully engineered to help us build the best team in the legal industry you can imagine. Sound appealing? If you have a strong professional background in the legal industry (Paralegals, Assistants, Secretaries, etc), have independent skills, an interest in learning new skills, and a stable home-office environment we’d love to hear from you.
Please review our Career FAQ page for any questions.
What you will need:
- Must possess a Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelors Degree preferred, but not required.
- At least 10 years working experience in any area of law you wish to perform work under.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of legal secretary experience, preferably supporting a Partner/Principal, of Counsel or Senior Attorney.
- Excellent oral and written communication, grammar, and language skills.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of computer programs and databases (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, PIMS, TCIS, CLETS, Nuance, Westlaw, and LexisNexis).
- Strong legal research, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and cooperatively within a team.
- Ability to prepare and review legal documents (e.g., points and authorities, briefs, pleadings, motions, affidavits, and declarations for attorneys).
- Ability to produce work that is neat, thorough, and accurate while under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate virtually with co-workers, attorneys, court personnel, judicial agencies, law enforcement, employees from various state and local government agencies, and the public.